May 3, 2007

Be Quiet

Campbell is getting into a bad habit of telling me to be quiet. I've noticed it being the case when I am telling her something that she doesn't want to hear. For instance, pick up your toys, don't jump on the furniture, etc... You get the point. I guess it's because she hears it several times during the day when Riley is napping. So, I have been working on this problem for a few days now and trying to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. Last night I told her that she will go to time out if she tells me to be quiet one more time. Apparently, she got the hint, but wanted to push my buttons just a little further to see my reactions. This is how the conversation went:

Mommy: " Campbell, please do not jump on the furniture"
Campbell: "Mommy, BE QUIET!!"
Mommy: "Campbell, it is not polite to tell mommy to be quiet. You will go to time out if you say that one more time."
Campbell: "Mommy, BE LOUD!!"

I just smiled and shook my head and asked Brent to help her get ready for bed. I have to admit that was pretty clever.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

It amazes me how they come up with this stuff. They are too clever for their age...we should be the smarter ones, right? We have a similar problem with Ida...not with telling us to be quiet but with just having an answer for everything. With Ida, there's a fine line between being clever and being disobedient. And she crosses it time and time again!