Sep 17, 2009

Milestone

I'm not talking about Jackson this time. However, he recently dropped his last feeding and is getting approximately 12 hours of sleep at bedtime. I just love this baby phase. Actually, I love getting sleep!

This milestone has to do with Riley. I started potty training her a week ago today. So far she has been accident free for the past two days and has pooped in the potty.

It was really by accident. I was in the right place at the right time. Yesterday, she was retreating to a corner and I asked her do you need to go poop. She said, "pee and poop". So, I put her on the potty and she did exactly that. It was that easy. I couldn't believe it.

She was rewarded with three M & M's for that one!

I am very pleased with her progress. She still doesn't go on her own, but at least she is getting the hang of it. Until then, we'll continue using the "pee pee timer" as long as it takes.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

The pee pee timer is the key! I knew she'd do great...she is such fiesty little thing and wants to do all the things her big sister does!

Rosamond said...

That is so great. We need to get on it with Caroline, so this gives me some motivation. I am just afraid to have M&M's in the house!