Jun 27, 2007

Homestead Creamery Tour





I first learned about the Homestead Creamery from a neighbor recently. The milk truck was giving away free samples of their milk and we gladly accepted. I was extremely impressed because they strive to maintain an all-natural product. So, we are now having them deliver milk to our house every Thursday. It's just something about having your milk delivered to your door.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to tour the Homestead Creamery with my local MOPS Group. Considering, I felt that I had somewhat of a connection to them, I couldn't pass it up. Also, I knew that Campbell would enjoy it as well. It was especially nice because Brent's sister was able to join us in addition to one of my neighbors and her three kids.

When we first arrived, we sat down at some picnic tables and enjoyed free samples of Orange Cream, Strawberry and Chocolate milk. Campbell's favorite was the strawberry. Afterwards, we went inside the actual building where they made the milk, butter and ice cream. Everyone had to wear hairnets before entering and Campbell thought that was very fascinating. Although, she didn't care for all the noise. After the tour, we all had free samples of yummy ice cream. I ate the chocolate chip cookie dough and Campbell had the birthday cake flavor.

Just when I thought the tour was over we all went on a short car ride over to the farm to see the cows. Did you know that they grow their own feed and raise their own cows on the family farm? How cool is that? Our tour guide brought out a calf that was born two days prior and Campbell immediately went over to pet it without any hesitation. I think she would have taken it home if I would have let her. I don't think Mittens would have appreciated it!

It was very educational and definitely worth the $5.00. I would highly recommend it.

No comments: