May 2, 2008

The Perfect Fruit

I love strawberries. It's the perfect fruit.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that Roanoke had a Strawberry Festival the first weekend in May. YAY!

I have been waiting patiently all week for today to get here so the girls and I could meet Brent at Elmwood Park for a "strawberry picnic". It was a perfect day to have a picnic under a big shade tree. Grandma even came out to join us as well. What a nice treat!

My favorite was the chocolate covered strawberries. However, Campbell and Riley loved the strawberry sundae. Next year I might just have to bite the bullet and try the famous strawberry shortcake.


Sorry, no pictures this year. I accidentally forgot my camera. Oh well, I'm behind on my scrapbooking anyway. Maybe it is a blessing in disguise......

No comments: