Oct 9, 2008

Good New, Bad News

We finally got Riley's blood test results back from the Allergy Doctor yesterday. The good news, she isn't allergic to eggs. The bad news, the results came back highly positive to wheat and peanuts.

Peanuts I can handle. Wheat on the other hand will be a little more challenging.

Thankfully, I have a friend that is somewhat in the same boat that I am. Her little boy is allergic to egg whites. We are hoping to check out the local health food store in hopes of finding more of a variety. I am looking for some good wheat free/gluten free snacks.

So, if anyone runs across any, please pass it along.

2 comments:

Rosamond said...

My kids eat Gorilla Munch from Envirokids for breakfast. They are kind of like corn pops and are gluten free. We have also made pancakes from spelt flour before that were pretty good. I will try and look through some of my books and if I find anything else I will let you know. There is lots out there-good luck!

Anonymous said...

We love ausome fruit snacks made by Florida's Naturals. Sometimes you can find them at Target but I order by the cases from amazon.com which turns out to be much cheaper.