May 26, 2009

Memorial Day


It was a nice change of pace having Brent home during the week for some good family time and good food. The kids had on their red, white and blue all geared up to celebrate Memorial Day. (Actually, Campbell picked out a pink shirt with a flag on it....very cute.)

Brent cooked all day long it seems like. I have to say I married a very good cook!! He started off with cooking a Pork Shoulder night before last in our smoker for at least 12 hours for some pork BBQ sandwiches at lunch time. He also whipped up some cole slaw and potato salad to go with it. I threw in a strawberry shortcake to quench my sweet tooth.

For dinner he grilled some fish and veggies. I made an avocado salad on the side with a berry smoothie. I think the girls liked the smoothie the best. However, I liked it all! There isn't much that I turn down....especially if someone else does the cooking!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

And last night he whipped out the George Foreman grill for us? Next time I'm coming on a holiday! ;o)

Great picture of the children!!!