Jun 2, 2009

I Survived!

Today was a new milestone for me. I ventured out with all three kids by myself to do some much needed grocery shopping. I knew that I could handle it, but with a two year old, sometimes you have to expect the unexpected.

We pulled in the parking lot and found a cart that has a car attached to the end of it. The girls got strapped in and I placed Jackson in the cart. Needless to say, I didn't have much room for my food at this point. However, we seemed to manage.

As soon as we stepped foot in the store, Campbell wanted to get out and walk. Once I explained that could not possibly happen because "you know who" would want to join her, we were good to go. I gave them both a snack and we were out of the store within an hour. That is record timing for me!

As a reward for their good behavior, the girls put on their swimsuits and played in the water sprinkler. I think I had just as much fun watching them play together as they did.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Don't you love conquering each new thing? Makes you feel like you can do anything!

Rosamond said...

I know how you feel! It still feels like a milestone for me every time I do it. I can't tell you how many groceries I had piled around Jane and tucked in every nook around that car seat. I also would go with her in the Bjorn when she was little. Good for you- we knew you could do it! She sits in the front of the cart now and they either ride in the big part or walk. It's always an adventure.