Jul 8, 2009

The joys of motherhood

With children, you have to expect the unexpected at any given moment. That became a reality for me when I was at Dollar General today with Jackson and Riley.

Jackson was in his Bjorn carrier and Riley was walking along beside me down the isles. While we were looking at books I heard a SPLAT and felt something wet on my feet. I looked down and Jackson had pooped all over the store floor!!! Considering this was going to be a quick trip, I didn't think I would need his diaper bag.

I stand corrected.

Conveniently, to the right of me was an end cap of baby wipes. I grabbed one and ripped it open as quickly as I could and started cleaning up the floor. Riley wanted to get in on the action and together we had it knocked out in one minute flat.

We went up to the check out counter to pay for our books and the container of wipes without missing a beat.

The next stop.....home to change a messy diaper.

Oh, the joys of motherhood!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

What luck that the wipes were right there! Fast thinking on your part. I think I would have frozen and not known what to do! Maybe called Tom! LOL!