Jul 29, 2009

Sick Little One

Riley has had a fever of 102.5+ for the past three days. She has been completely miserable. So, I broke down and took her to the doctor yesterday. Turns out she has a urinary tract infection. It really didn't surprise me considering she would cry in pain every time I changed her diaper. Unfortunately, at her appointment she wouldn't pee in a cup so the medical staff had to do a catheter on her in order to get a urine sample. Thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. She didn't like it, but at least it was quick and got the job done. We should have the test results in a day or so to find out the root cause of this infection.

Just to be on the safe side, I am taking Riley to a local hospital today to get an ultrasound on her kidneys. Considering it's not normal for a two year old to have this type of infection, it's better to be safe than sorry. The doctor isn't extremely concerned at this point. Basically he just wants to rule it out.

On a positive note, last night Riley was actually laughing and playing with Campbell for the first time all week. It was such a beautiful noise. That must mean the antibiotics are doing its job!

Thank you for all your prayers. Keep them up because they are working! I'll keep you posted as soon as I have more details on Riley's condition.

No comments: