Oct 15, 2010

Campbell's Field Trip

I went along with Campbell on her field trip to Johnson's Orchards on Wednesday. We picked apples, learned how apple butter and apple cider were made the old fashioned way. It was extremely fascinating and educational all at the same time. I absolutely love going on field trips with my kids.

We were there most of the day. Of course, I gave her the choice to ride home with me, but she opted to ride the bus instead. That's fine...I hit the gift shop before coming home and picked up a jar of the delicious apple butter. Yummy!



Campbell showing off the apple she picked off the apple tree.


Class photo with Johnny Apple Seed.


She stuffed as many apples in her bag as she possibly could.


Here's the apple pie we made from Campbell's apples. It turned out so good!


2 comments:

Meghan said...

Apple field trips are so fun! I always enjoyed going to the apple orchard! The pie looks very yummy too!!

Rebecca Johnson said...

I'm salivating for your pie!