Feb 24, 2008

Good Sport

This weekend was the BIG MOPS fundraiser with Heart Strings Photography at Rainbow Forest Baptist Church (RFBC). We have been planning this event since December. It's extremely important that all MOPS members participate if at all cost.

The Munsey household got off to a rocky start. The girls were initially scheduled to have their pictures made on Friday afternoon, but Riley came up sick. Considering my children's health comes first, I rescheduled our appointment for today at 12:45p.

Last night Campbell came down with a minor stomach bug. Thankfully, she didn't have any other symptoms. I was determined that everything was fine and their was nothing a little sleep and a lot of prayer couldn't cure.

Sure enough, she was still vomiting this morning. I already decided to keep Riley home from church (even though she was back to normal), so I thought it would be best if Campbell stayed home too.

Fortunately, Campbell was able to keep her breakfast and snack down. I just assumed it was an upset stomach and everything was fine. However, as soon as she walked in the RFBC lobby, she simply exploded and vomit went everywhere!!

The calm before the storm??

Maybe.

Church was letting out so everyone in the children's department saw it. I did exactly what any good mom would do....I got her cleaned up, put on her dress and got her picture made.

In all seriousness, Campbell asked to get her picture made after we cleaned her up.)

After our photo shoot, we came home and immediately put both girls down for a nap. We didn't even miss a beat! I am so glad that Brent was with me or it could have been a disaster!

I'm proud to report that Campbell has been vomit free the rest of the day.

She is such a good sport!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh, I'm sorry. But I'm still laughing. Not about Campbell being sick of course. I can just picture you combing the vomit out of her hair and ignoring the smell!

You sure do know how to roll with the punches!

I love that story!