Sep 27, 2008

In a few days.....

I will be in an airplane heading for Dallas, TX.

A couple of my friends and I are going to the MOPS Convention on Thursday and returning on Sunday. For those of you that are not familiar with MOPS, it is a ministry for stay at home moms with young children. (ages birth to 6 years of age) We are driving to Raleigh, NC (to keep the cost down) and then taking a direct flight into Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport.

I am really looking forward to it, but I keep thinking about all the things that I need to take care of before I leave. Things like color my hair, making time for a hair cut, etc... The list goes on.

Thankfully, we live near Brent's family and the girls are planning on going to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a sleep over while I'm having some much needed "me" time. It works out really well because Brent doesn't have to take off from work. One less thing for me to worry about.

I'm going to miss my girls and Brent, but sometimes mommies need a break from time to time.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a blessing to have Grandma and Grandpa!

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Rosamond said...

Great for you! I have just gotten into a MOPS groups and really like it. And how great everyone else will be taken care of. Enjoy it!