Aug 1, 2009

Update on Riley

I have to admit, Riley definitely has more patience than I do. We had to wait an hour to be seen for the ultrasound. Unbelievable! The appointment itself took only about 20 minutes and then we were ready to go home to play the waiting game for the test results.

The following morning Riley's Pediatrician called with the test results at 8am. Thankfully, her kidneys were clear, but they found a cyst on her bladder. The next step is to see an Urologist and then possibly inject dye through a catheter to see what is going on in her little body. She will obviously be put under so it will not be traumatic for her.

After I received the phone call from her doctor, needless to say I was a little shocked and concerned all at the same time. However, through trials and tribulations, I have found comfort knowing God is in control. He is always faithful and surprises me in some of the most unique ways. At breakfast, Campbell started singing a song out of the blue. It went something like this.... "Jesus is good all the time, yes he is, yes he is." She was repeating it over and over even before I hung up the phone. Right then, I knew everything was going to fine.

We leave on Aug. 8th-15th for our family vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC. As a friend stated earlier in the week, "what a good thing to have coming up!" I couldn't agree more!

1 comment:

Rebecca Johnson said...

This is a precious story. I think Jesus has a special way of communicating with young ones. Or perhaps they are just more receptive to His voice.