Apr 26, 2010

Hit another milestone

I knew this day was coming. Part of me was looking forward to it, but another part wasn't ready to give it up so easily.

As you can probably guess, Jackson dropped his first nap. He is only 12 months old, but he is ready. After a few weeks of trying to shorten his first nap, I realized it was useless. Even if he only took a 30 minute morning nap, he wasn't interested in an afternoon nap at all. Considering Riley and Jackson both nap at the same time, I wasn't going to let anything interfere with "my alone time".

Campbell was 15 months old and Riley was 13 months old when they dropped their first nap. I guess the more kids you have the less sleep they need.

At least we can go out and have fun in the mornings now that all of my kids are down to one nap. (with the exception of Campbell.....of course)

Now, if I can get Riley fully potty trained, we'll be in business!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I always thought the freedom of being able to do things in the morning made up for the loss of that nap time.

So let us know when you want to hit the park:o)

Meghan said...

Way to go Jackson! Another milestone, wow! I totally agree though on doing what is needed for your "alone time!" Enjoy your mornings out and about now!:)