May 3, 2010

Strawberry Festival

We had the best time as always at the Strawberry Festival on Friday. Campbell wasn't completely thrilled that we went without her this year, but it didn't take her long to get over the disappointment after she saw the chocolate covered strawberries I brought home for her. She had permission to eat them when she got home from school. And what a treat that was!

Once we arrived at the festival, we set up for our picnic lunch before we dug into the yummy strawberries. We were joking that this is the only time we ever have a picnic together as a family. We will have to change that because we really do enjoy the change of scenery from time to time. Not only did grandpa and grandma join us, but we had some new friends join us this year. They recently moved down from Michigan and her husband works at NS as well. It was fun watching them experience the festival for the first time. I'm sure they will make it a family event going forward.

The strawberry festival is famous for their strawberry shortcakes. We are not that crazy about them because we prefer pound cake with our shortcakes instead of the old fashioned biscuits. Therefore, we usually stick with the strawberries and ice cream and the chocolate covered strawberries. This year I actually tried a strawberry smoothie. It was really good!

Unfortunately, I brought my camera, but didn't take any pictures this time. Oh well, maybe next year.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I skipped the chocolate covered strawberrie this year but now you have me craving some. Hmmm...I wonder if I have any chocolate to melt!