Sep 13, 2007

Am I laughing yet?

Have you ever had one of those nights that you wish you could just "do over"?

Did you ever make a Wal-Mart run around 3am? Did you know that people actually do their grocery shopping that early in the morning? I saw it first hand. No, I wasn't buying food.....batteries!

Around 2:30 this morning Brent and I heard some beeping noises coming from down stairs. It's that kind of annoying beeping that you hear every 2 minutes without fail. Hoping that it will miraculously go away on it's own. So, we laid in bed for a few more minutes thinking it was just our imagination. Then we come to the conclusion that it must be a smoke detector low on batteries. Of course, it takes 9 Volt batteries. Who has spare 9 Volt batteries? Well, I can tell you that we don't....until now.

After returning from Wal-mart with the batteries and installing them in the smoke detector, I waited patiently. Just to hear another BEEP across the room. It was the Carbon Monoxide Detector. By this time I was convinced it was a conspiracy. So, Brent told me to just simply unplug it and we'll deal with it in the morning. Silence........

I guess you can add "unplug it" to the rest of the "jiggle the handle" and "turn it on and off" remedies of the world.

Am I laughing yet? Give me a few more hours and a cup of coffee. Then we'll see. : )

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness...stuff like that drives me crazy. I can't believe you were at Wal-Mart at 3am! The same thing happened here last month but luckily it was 7am! AND our carbon monoxide detector went off right after the smoke detector too. How wierd!

Hope you get a nap in today!!!