Sep 17, 2007

Birthday Cake and Rolling Over

My mom arrived in town on Thursday and we have had such a wonderful time together. What a joy it is to spend some one-on-one time with her. She has been a huge help with the girls as well. I have been able to catch up on a few things and relax at the same time. You can't beat that with a stick.

My in-laws have been so thoughtful and helpful by offering to take us out to dinner and inviting us over for some BBQ while my mom has been here. Last night after dinner, Diane and Ron surprised me with a birthday cake because they knew my mom couldn't be with me on my actual birthday. I thought we were just having dessert, imagine my surprise when everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. That is so sweet! (So, if anyone gets the craving for chocolate, I have plenty of cake in my frig.)

I am excited to report that Riley hit another milestone! She is now rolling over onto her tummy. Riley is a back sleeper. So, when Brent went in to wake her up from her second nap yesterday evening she was on her tummy. She was apparently trying to roll back on to her back but she got caught up in her blanket. Most of today she has been trying to roll over from a sitting position....and then gets stuck. So, she has a little bit ways to go, but she will get there. I can tell that she really wants to be mobile, but can't quite figure it out yet.

I don't think I am ready for her to be on the move just yet, so hopefully she will take her time!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

She's going to be on the move very soon!

Can you freeze some of that cake for me? ;o)