Sep 20, 2007

Clean Teeth

At my last dentist appointment, my dentist recommended that I bring Campbell to my next visit. Closer to our appointment, we would practice opening our mouth and pretending to look at each others teeth and spitting water into the sink. All good patients have to swish water in their mouths and spit...right?

So, today was the day. The Dentist Appointment! I wasn't sure exactly how she was going to react, so I went first. The dental assistant was so good with her by explaining everything she was doing. Thankfully, I use an Oral B battery operated tooth brush, which looks similar to what a dentist office uses. Campbell has seen me brush my teeth hundreds of times so that didn't phase her one bit! In a flash my check up was over.

Now for the real test. It was Campbell's turn to sit in the big chair. She was hesitant at first. So, the dental assistant suggested that Campbell sit in my lap. Once she mentioned the bubble gum tooth paste, Campbell practically jumped on top of me. Literally, Campbell was laying on top of me when Dr. Clark leaned the chair back. He asked her to open her mouth and she fully cooperated. I couldn't believe it! Before he made one move he explained exactly what he was going to do. When it was time to use the tooth brush she didn't even flinch. Before you now it, he was done. She rinsed her mouth out with water and spit in the sink. Just like we practiced. After her appointment she got a ring of her choice.

Each of us got a good report with no cavities.

I am so proud of her!

Although, I'm still wondering why they have never offered me the bubble gum flavored tooth paste?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good for Campbell! That is a great accomplishment! I am so afraid of taking Ida. Her appointment is in December. I should have let her go watch Campbell. Then she would want to do it if Campbell did it!

I'm sure you could ask for the bubble gum toothpaste. Although they might look at you kind of funny;o)