Sep 25, 2007

Dinner Conversation

Last night we celebrated my birthday at Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner. It was especially thoughtful because both Dawn and I are on similar diets, so our menu consisted of low carb foods.

No birthday cake on my birthday. However, I'll save that for sometime next month with a dear friend after we are off of our strict diet phases. : )

Campbell loves to talk. She talks non stop. I'm convinced she gets it from my side of the family. (((I love you mom and sister))) So, basically she talks about anything that comes to her mind. Yesterday it was about Riley. Here's how the conversation went...

Campbell: Was Riley in your belly?
Mommy: Yes she was!
Campbell: Was she born at the hospital?
Mommy: Yes, ma'am.
Campbell: How did she come out of your belly?
Mommy: Urg...the doctors pulled her out?

Trust me, I don't want to hide anything from Campbell in this area because giving birth to a child is a beautiful and natural thing. However, I wasn't extremely comfortable having that particular conversation in front of my In-Laws. So, if she does happen to bring it up again (in the privacy of our home), then I'll go into a little more detail. For right now she was satisfied with my answer.

Now I can breath with a sign of relief!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

They always find the perfect times to bring up such topics! That's what we always say, "Mommy pushed and the doctor pulled."

Counting down the days til our CAKE FEST!!!