Aug 19, 2009

No Answers

We took Riley to see an Urologist this morning for the test results from her VCUG. When we arrived he looked at me like I had three heads. He wasn't aware of Riley's history and obviously didn't prepare for our visit, let alone the test results. He gathered as much information he could, but he didn't tell me anything that I already knew.

Needless to say...I was not happy. I felt like this appointment was completely unnecessary.

After I got home and discussed it with Brent, I called the doctor back for some answers. Ironically, he wasn't in the office this afternoon and his nurse assured me he would call me tomorrow.

In the meantime, Riley is scheduled for a 6 week follow up appointment to make sure everything is still normal.

I am so over doctor appointments!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

How frustrating. Taking children to the doctor is always a hassle and then to have him unprepared really stinks. Hoping his phone call tomorrow gives you the answers you need.

Rebecca Johnson said...

We had our first trip to the ER during the wee hours of Tuesday morning. Jake's first experience with croup. It was scary but we got competent and compassionate medical staff. I'm sorry you had a frustrating experience. Have you looked up doctor reviews in your area?

Rosamond said...

Yuck! I missed reading these posts since it happened while we were gone and just caught up. We will be praying for you all for better Drs and a healed little girl. I hate seeing them go through any of that stuff.