Jan 15, 2010

The Big Day

Riley will officially be turning 3 years old on Monday, but we are having her birthday party tomorrow morning. My parents arrived in town yesterday and we are all getting the party preparations together for the big day.

Every since we moved to Roanoke, it's been our tradition to take the girls to Captain Party before their birthday so they can pick out all the party favors. This year Riley chose "My Little Pony". She loves My Little Pony. Therefore, it was the right choice!

Most people know that Riley is allergic to wheat and eggs. Thankfully, the new Kroger in town has a good selection of wheat and egg free products. Considering, I'm not a baker, it's extremely convenient to be able to purchase a wheat free cake mix from there. I simply substitute an egg replacer for the "real" thing. This was the first year I tried this particular kind of egg replacer in her cupcakes so I was a little worried about how they were going to turn out. Ironically, it looks like a thumb print in the middle of each cupcake, but they taste delicious. I had a nibble of one of the "not so pretty ones" and I was pleasantly surprised how good they are. Once I slap a little icing on top, Riley will not even know the difference!

Today I need to make the regular cupcakes for all the rest of us. I love birthday parties. Pure and simple, I love cake!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You're a good hostess and mommy...if I bake eggless for John, all the guests get eggless! Fortunately, I have a good recipe! But yours sound yummy so why bake twice?

Enjoy Riley's THIRD birthday!!! She's such a sweet sweet child.