Jan 11, 2010

Dance Recital


The girls getting ready to perform.


Campbell doing "High Kicks"


Campbell and her friend, Hannah


All the dancers with their teacher, Miss Emily.


  • Campbell had a wonderful time at the dance recital. She wasn't looking forward to it in the beginning because she wasn't wearing a tutu like all the other dancers. Considering she was taking Jazz, her teacher wanted her to wear a Jazzy costume. As you can tell, we had to improvise on the costume just a little. She is so long wasted that the outfit was a little low cut for my taste. She didn't seem to mind. I think she liked standing out and being different once she arrived and saw all the different colors and styles.


  • Campbell's class was the last class to perform and she did a great job. She is really shy, but when it comes to performing in front of others, she tends to come out of her shell and get the job done. It surprises me at times to see how determined and brave she can be with a crowd of people.


  • After her performance, Brent gave her a bouquet of flowers. What a great way to end the day!

  • Ironically, she isn't interested in taking dance this go around. She just wants to focus on school and that's OK by me. When she is ready to get involved in other activities, I'm sure she will let me know.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Can't wait to show Ida the pictures:o)

Meghan said...

What great pictures and it does look like they had a good time!! How nice of Brent as well:) I bet Campbell was excited!

Rosamond said...

So cute and good for you for adjusting her costume. I think it looked great. I love the high kicks pictures- what fun!