Jul 30, 2007

Date Night

Brent and I actually went out on a date last night. I have to admit, I was a little rusty. It's been way too long since he and I were alone together. We shared a delicious Reuben at The New Yorker and amazed how quickly we were in and out of the restaurant. We actually had a nice and quiet dinner without any interruptions or distractions. I forgotten exactly how quickly meal time can be without children.

After dinner we headed over to the theater to catch a movie. You can imagine my surprise when the person taking my money told me to give him $17 dollars for two adults. It nearly took my breath away. When did the theater prices go up? I know I haven't been to the theater since before Campbell was born, but that is ridiculous!

Once we got over the initial shock of the movie inflation, we got settled in and anticipated the the whole surround sound effect from our seats. We were like two kids in a candy store just waiting for "I Pronounce You, Chuck and Larry" to begin. Considering it got such great reviews, we knew we were not going to be disappointed.

WRONG!! Halfway through the movie Brent leans over to me and said that he was ready to go home. Considering I dished out the dough for this flick I was definitely getting my money's worth out of it. So we decided to stay and tough it out. I'm glad we did because it may be a while before we can afford another one.

I hope we can continue to have date nights at least once a month. Even if it is to run errands together. It will definitely be worth it!

Thanks Nana for babysitting and making us get out of the house. We love you!

No comments: