Jul 14, 2007

Mommy Time

On Friday I headed out to the MOPS Retreat with the rest of the Steering Team to plan for the Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 calendar year. We stayed in a beautiful home with the most amazing view of the Roanoke Valley I have ever seen. No distractions, just peace and quiet. We were able to get quite a bit accomplished in the past couple of days and boy do I have a lot on my plate! After all the planning was discussed and homework assigned, it was time to say goodbye and go back to reality. We were having such a wonderful time without the children and our husbands that we all just sat there looking at each other not wanting to leave our place of solitude.

After much debating, we decided it was time to get in our vehicles and head back home to be mommies and wives again. Back to cleaning, cooking, changing diapers, formula, sippy cups and pull ups. I wouldn't trade it for anything, but I do enjoy a break every now and then.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I'm glad you had such a nice time away from your normal routine. Here's hoping the next one isn't too far off!