Mar 19, 2010

No More Bottles!

That's right! The bottles are gone!

I have been offering a sippy cup of water to Jackson since he was six months old. He really didn't show any interest, it was basically a chew toy for him. Although, he was starting to get more comfortable with it.

My goal was to completely have him off the bottle before his first birthday. The past few days I have been taking baby steps and offering the sippy cup at night instead of the bottle. To my surprise, he was doing a really well.

So, this morning I held breath to his reaction when I gave him a sippy cup. He consumed the milk so fast that I gave him a second helping. I had so many emotions running through me...shock, surprised, relieved, happy.... just to name a few.

After breakfast I gathered up all my bottles and threw them away. Cleaned up the sterilizer and bottle warmer and stored them in the basement. I'm clearing off my counters one baby item at a time.

My little man is growing up so fast.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is GREAT news! YAY Jackson! Kind of bittersweet though as he leaves the baby phase behind. He's just about a TODDLER!