Mar 1, 2010

Weekend Guest


  • It was Campbell's turn to bring home the class pet, Fluffy, over the weekend. Fluffy, as you can tell from the pictures is a Guinea Pig. I picked him up Friday morning from Campbell's school and then took him back this morning. It was a new experience for all of us. Even our Cat, Mittens didn't seem to mind the visitor. Just in case, we put our little guest on top of the dining room table to keep the "innocent....innocent."
  • I had no idea how messy these little critters could be. Each morning when I came down to check on him he would have hay all over the table near his cage. Some of it even found its way on the floor. I found myself using the dust buster everyday to clean up after him. I didn't care too much for that.
  • Even though he was a little messy the kids loved him! Fluffy on the other hand simply tolerated us for the most part. Campbell loves all animals and of course asked to hold him as much as possible. We found out very quickly that he had extremely sharp claws. So, as long as we wore our gloves, it didn't seem to bother us that much.
  • Honestly, as much as I enjoyed seeing my kids happy, I was glad to see Fluffy go back to school. The last thing I need is something or someone else to clean up after!




9 comments:

Meghan said...

Another fun activity for Campbell to experience! I would have to agree with you though...I would not be all that into something/one else to clean up after:)

Jamie said...

You're a good mommy, allowing Fluffy to sleep over at your house. I would have put him on the deck!!!

Rosamond said...

I agree, cleaning up after our dog puts me over the edge some days!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.